Tuesday, February 2, 2010

trabajito de verano es mio

My days of puppets, carnivals, chanchurreando, extended yoga and extravagant cooking have come to an end.

Sad as this may sound, it's a good thing. It means I have a job again! Despite the fact that summer appeared to be a lost cause for renumerated activities and productivity, and despite the fact that I was resigned to going for walks along the waterfront, watching movies online and meeting up with friends, I have been offered another English class. February is the month when every chilean and their argentine uncle seems to go on vacation, so I was ready to spend the month preparing for my Rotary year by preparing my University application, searching for jobs in gringolandia for the summer, and generally enjoying the beauty of summer in Chile. But a miracle occurred and some crazy locos decided that they wanted to make learning English a priority. Score! So today I'll pick up the material, and tomorrow begins my period of semi-productivity. Now let's not fool ourselves- this is not anything like the semi-full time work that I had before, but it's enough to not make me feel guilty about buying a new toothbrush despite a lack of income, and it's a daily thing so I can return to psychological sanity and feel productive again. Not to mention that my lazy hazy days of summer can still continue in the afternoon when I finish the classes. excelente.

Now it's time to fully appreciate my last day of vacaciones full as they are prone to say here, pronouncing it as fool. Cooking will be involved, and I'm curious about the movie Julia & Julie. And the Rotary essay and job search shan't be left behind either. I hope others have such happy news come their way today.

love love

3 comments:

Rachel Stoler said...

WHAT?! Employment?! Productivity?! What is your life coming to??

I'm really into organizing my iTunes by Song Title (alphabetically) and then letting it play in order and randomize that way...I've been making my way through the A's now. I just listened to Tracy Chapman's Across the Lines, Silverchair's Across the Night, and now I'm onto the Beatles Across the Universe. I recommend it as a pleasant alternative to My Top Rated or Date Added. Sometimes playlists are overrated.

I'm considering avoiding my thesis by doing my taxes...I'm probably going to need some serious therapy to start writing this stupid paper again. What has my life come to?? Taxes are a more appealing activity than schoolwork?!

Also, I'm going over to a friend's house for dinner tonight and I don't know what he's serving, and it's stressing me out because I can't plan my lunch appropriately. What if he serves salad for dinner but I have one for lunch? What if it's some mushroom dish and I don't eat anything for dinner? What if it's pasta and I eat that for lunch because I think it'll be salad? I'm really into planning out all my meals (another method of avoiding the thesis) and I'm thisclose to calling him to see what's being served so that I can eat lunch accordingly. Yikes. Maybe this should have been an email.

Mom said...

Congratulations! May it be a happy time for you and your students and may you all feel satisfied. Seems like it couldn't be much better for you and your desire to life the full Summer life in Vina. Enjoy! Love you...

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Lots of love and hugs and kisses to you. LOL XOXO