Tuesday, June 9, 2009

here and safe

I have arrived!

I arrived early this morning, and proceeded to immediately fall asleep upon arrival at Alvaro's house. He picked me up without any problems, and I slept until around 1ish, which was lovely. My Chilean phone from last time still works (thanks, Dad!), but the account I was using was suspended, so I had to pay around $10 to reactivate my account and I now have a new number. Still, it's nice to be connected in the Chilean world, and it's better than paying for a new phone. I got that taken care of, and spent the afternoon playing with 8 year old Maia, reading stories like The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. Sushi for dinner, and then helping Alvaro's dad with a pen that also works as a recording device (the instructions were in English). Sushi for dinner, and I'm off to sleep like a baby- I'm exhausted.

Love love to all at home and more details (and photos!) soon.

3 comments:

Your Oldest Cousin said...

Awesome! I actually found your blog! Can't wait to see what you post.

Rachel Stoler said...

Sushi? Really?

Juggle Boy said...

Nice to know you're safe. It's nice you're adapting to Chilean culture, y'know, by eating Sushi and stuff. Was the book in Spanish? I think I remember that book...