Thursday, January 14, 2010

alumnos y abejas

This week I've been working an English summer camp, which has been mostly fun. I like my other teachers (profes, or as most of my kids say, "Miss!") that I work with, and the kids are 13-15 years old, and mostly decent. We have lots of fun activities planned, including going to the beach, the pool, and a local park. They've been learning some things, but mostly they dance, they sing, and they play games.

Unfortunately, today I got stung by a bee. I just stepped (during the fieldtrip to the park), and the little devil grapped onto my big toe. I tried to kill it for at least 30 seconds, meanwhile it sucked out my soul and destroyed my big toe. Now it's being iced and elevated, but I think I'll be OK.

More about the little devils (both of the bee and student variety) later.

I hope all are well and not too congealed with cold.

1 comment:

Rachel Stoler said...

congealed with cold? what does that even mean?

ps if you're allergic to bees, am i too?