Sunday, November 22, 2009

spring turns into summer

So it´s definitely spring, rapidly transforming into summer here. How do I know this? Let me count the ways...

Plants:
Cherries, at approx. $2 for 2 pounds at the feria. Prices expected to drop.

Strawberries, around $1 for 2 pounds. The season is quickly ending.

Little broccoli buds on my broccoli plants! Nothing like thick stalks, but they´re looking like real broccolis.

Baby strawberries being cultivated from a strawberry plant that Alvaro bought on the street and kindly gifted me.

Spinach- sprouting from the seeds planted. Beating the carrots and peppers in speed of sprouting and germination.

Weather:

Sun.

No rain.

My bike and me, daily, together, without any problems.

Animals:

Baby birds in the yard learning to fly, cheeping constantly (but it´s cute).

Ants, everywhere.

Middle school couples PDA-ing it up everywhere.

4 comments:

Rachel Stoler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Stoler said...

LA:

Weather:
Sun.
No rain.
Me walking to school and work, daily.

Animals:
Bird cheeping outside my window (but this one's not cute, it's annoying...I sometimes yell at it)
Ants exterminated from the house (but a while ago)
New puppy across the street at our 17-year-old rockstar neighbors' house

Food:
Mashed potatoes
Stuffing
Cranberry relish
Green bean casserole (prepared by yours truly)

Tastes like fall/winter, feels like summer. Ahhhh Los Angeles.

PS: Unclear what happened with the last post...

Rachel Stoler said...

Now in the Couve, where it feels like fall and tastes like deliciousness (think sourdough English muffins, good coffee with 2% milk and ravioli on the docket for Saturday dinner). Also, it feels like home in that I have to go to the dentist, just like every time I go home.

I'm wearing the UPS sweatshirt that you gave me that I gave to you that you left at home. And probably more of your clothes later this week. Lame that you didn't leave your boots here...though I'm interested in that puffy vest. Come home!

Rachel Stoler said...

UPDATE PLEASE!