Friday, August 21, 2009

una semana media fome pero tranquila

Since the port tour, we've had a lot of rain, although things seem to be clearing up for a bit. It feels like I've had a dull week- nothing exciting, and I haven't had much contact with my womens groups. Oddly enough, I've seen a fair amount of the TV show Two and a half Men (hugely popular here! I don't think it's popular at all in the US). This week I've had mostly long nights teaching or holing myself up in the rain. Next week needs to have more adventure.

The garden is trucking along, although green house construction plans have been put on halt. My raddish and broccoli sprouts are doing splendidly, and my cilantro has really taken off. I think that my oregano has some sort of pest- there are weird spots on it, and I'm hoping that the new leaves from below will come out better.

Double gracias to Emily and Sara and Nanny and Papa for sending delicious (in both cases!) packages recently (and thanks again M&D for the bday package with all of my bags and pjs a while ago)- it's so nice to know that people are thinking of me here in Chile, and it's delicious to eat some of my favorite foods that are difficult to find here, esp. of the chocolate homemade varieties! Lots of love to everyone, and good luck with various heat waves....

1 comment:

Rachel Stoler said...

Epic change to your blog! Cool top photo!

I also watched copious amounts of Two and A Half Men in New Zealand; it must be substantially more popular abroad than at home. It's mildly funny though, in a not-quite-laugh-out-loud but still funny kind of way. Also, there was an amusing song called "Who Cut the Cheese" that Patrick, Dan, and I sang nonstop during our three-day trek through Milford Sound.